Location: Brno or Prague, Czech Republic
Hangar 13 is looking for a UX Designer who has experience with game dev tools and technologies. Successful candidate will be in charge of redefining existing tools and prototyping new interfaces from scratch, with the goal of minimizing friction and defining the next generation of experience across the whole toolset for developers.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Actively collaborate with art, design and other departments as well as with software developers to create intuitive, user-friendly software.
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how tools function and look like.
- Define interaction models, user workflows.
- Conduct concept and usability testing, gather feedback, evaluate user experience effectiveness.
- Learn and improve existing workflows, suggest, and prototype improvements.
- Find creative ways to solve UX problems (e.g. usability, findability).
- Communicate design ideas and prototypes to developers.
WHO WE THINK WILL BE A GOOD FIT:
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Computer Science or related discipline, or relevant work experience - Proven experience as a UX Designer, UI Designer or similar role.
- Strong portfolio of design projects.
- Familiarity with interaction design and information architecture, proficient in design software.
- Knowledge of game development tools and pipelines.
- Ability to learn and master new game dev tools and technologies.
- 3+years of experience on commercial software projects.
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders. Ability to analyze a situation and communicate the most effective and efficient solution.
- Very good verbal and written English.
- Self-motivated and able to drive ideas to completion.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under reasonable deadlines.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Adobe XD and Microsoft Blend (WPF) experience
- Insight in user psychology.
WHO WE ARE:
- Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic), working collaboratively as one team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to Bravely Create on big-budget, AAA console titles in a diverse and inclusive environment. At Hangar 13, we want people driven by curiosity — Visionaries who aren’t afraid to explore new territory. Intrepid individuals who embrace the weird, the challenging, the unconventional. We’re continuing to build a space that empowers you to take risks and redefine what’s possible, Where your inquisitive nature is nourished —A home for people who aren’t satisfied with what is, but who are obsessed by what could be. So bring your talent, Your unique point-of-view, Your fearless tenacity, And together, we’ll Bravely Create
- BRNO: Located in the south-east part of the Czech Republic, just a 2-hour drive from Prague, 3 hrs from Budapest and mere 90 minutes from Vienna, surrounded by vineyards from the south-east and highlands from the north-west, Brno is a comfortable place to live and work. This Czech Republic´s second largest city offers everything you need without the big city rush - modern architecture, perfect cuisine, award-winning bars, and diverse countryside.
- PRAGUE: Located in the heart of Europe, with its enchanting historical centre and magic energy, Prague is one of the world's most stunning cities. The Hangar 13 office is based in the city centre, just a few minutes from the Old Town and its famous astronomical clock. Cultural events, vibrant nightlife, sports and leisure time activities, beautiful nature – all just a few steps away.
In case you would like to be included in the job board as well, please contact us about the possible partnership at firstname.lastname@example.org.