Location: Brno or Prague, Czech Republic
Hangar 13 is looking for a highly self-motivated Senior Tools programmer who enjoys a collaborative and creative work environment. Senior Tools programmers work directly with content creators to give them the power to create amazing experiences and to support our culture of iterative design to make AAA games. Create and maintain tools for an unannounced multi-platform game currently in pre-production using proprietary software and technology.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Proactively identify the tools that will be needed throughout development
- Work with the art, design, and audio departments to design and create new tools based on the changing needs of the project
- Create and maintain documentation of all tools and their usage
- Participate in the design of the game features to assist in the creation of supporting tools and technologies
- Improve existing pipelines and tools to decrease iteration times for content creators
WHO WE THINK WILL BE A GOOD FIT:
- Expertise with the C#/.NET/WPF and C/C++ programming languages along with a strong familiarity with OO design principles, design patterns and multithreading
- MVVM knowledge is advantage
- DevExpress knowledge is advantage
- Years of programming experience on commercial software projects
- Self-motivated and able to drive ideas to completion
- Strong ability to quickly learn new areas of development
- Excellent communication skills with an interest in working with other game developers in a cooperative team environment. Ability to analyze a situation and communicate the most effective and efficient solution
- Communicative knowledge of English
- Experience in UI design and artist workflow
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
NICE TO HAVE:
- Familiarity with game content pipelines at previous projects
- Familiarity with Perforce and bug-tracking software
- Familiarity with 3D Studio MAX, MaxScript, Maya, and MEL is advantage
WHO WE ARE:
- Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic), working collaboratively as one team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to Bravely Create on big-budget, AAA console titles in a diverse and inclusive environment. At Hangar 13, we want people driven by curiosity — Visionaries who aren’t afraid to explore new territory. Intrepid individuals who embrace the weird, the challenging, the unconventional. We’re continuing to build a space that empowers you to take risks and redefine what’s possible, Where your inquisitive nature is nourished —A home for people who aren’t satisfied with what is, but who are obsessed by what could be. So bring your talent, Your unique point-of-view, Your fearless tenacity, And together, we’ll Bravely Create
- BRNO: Located in the south-east part of the Czech Republic, just a 2-hour drive from Prague, 3 hrs from Budapest and mere 90 minutes from Vienna, surrounded by vineyards from the south-east and highlands from the north-west, Brno is a comfortable place to live and work. This Czech Republic´s second largest city offers everything you need without the big city rush - modern architecture, perfect cuisine, award-winning bars, and diverse countryside.
- PRAGUE: Located in the heart of Europe, with its enchanting historical centre and magic energy, Prague is one of the world's most stunning cities. The Hangar 13 office is based in the city centre, just a few minutes from the Old Town and its famous astronomical clock. Cultural events, vibrant nightlife, sports and leisure time activities, beautiful nature – all just a few steps away.
In case you would like to be included in the job board as well, please contact us about the possible partnership at firstname.lastname@example.org.