Location: Brno or Prague, Czech Republic
In game-development companies, there is this precious person who enables all the other developers in both technical and artistic professions to work without interruptions, to launch builds preset on servers as well as with their own settings. This person is a Dungeon Emperor among coders! Careful, though: if others cannot work for a single minute, it’s your head on the block. If the Dungeon of services works the way it’s supposed to, everybody respectfully greets their Emperor, because it’s you who controls the systems hundreds of developers depend on. Your reputation grows with your skills of programming of automates. You are a backbone supporting four locations in the fight against the heroes of chaos.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Participate in the design and implementation of development infrastructure systems and technologies for the studio
- Work with technical as well as non-technical departments (e.g. Art, Animation, Engineering, Design, VFX, Cinematics, QA and Audio) to design and create new pipelines and tools based on the changing needs of our projects, transforming proposals by teams into working solutions
- Identify and resolve day-to-day issues in existing system
- Maintain existing system configuration and support configuration requests
WHO WE THINK WILL BE A GOOD FIT:
- Experience with C#/.NET and C++ programming languages along with strong familiarity with OO design principles
- Knowledge of concurrent processing (multithreading), client/server concepts
- Self-motivation and ability to drive ideas to completion
- Ability to analyze a situation and communicate the most effective and efficient solution
- Initiative approach, team player, good communication skills in English
NICE TO HAVE:
- Knowledge of MSBuild
- Familiarity with automation of processes and services
- In-depth knowledge of content pipelines at previous projects
- Familiarity with Perforce or other version control system, JIRA or other tracking/scheduling tool, bug-tracking software, and SQL
WHO WE ARE:
- Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic), working collaboratively as one team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to Bravely Create on big-budget, AAA console titles in a diverse and inclusive environment. At Hangar 13, we want people driven by curiosity — Visionaries who aren’t afraid to explore new territory. Intrepid individuals who embrace the weird, the challenging, the unconventional. We’re continuing to build a space that empowers you to take risks and redefine what’s possible, Where your inquisitive nature is nourished —A home for people who aren’t satisfied with what is, but who are obsessed by what could be. So bring your talent, Your unique point-of-view, Your fearless tenacity, And together, we’ll Bravely Create
- BRNO: Located in the south-east part of the Czech Republic, just a 2-hour drive from Prague, 3 hrs from Budapest and mere 90 minutes from Vienna, surrounded by vineyards from the south-east and highlands from the north-west, Brno is a comfortable place to live and work. This Czech Republic´s second largest city offers everything you need without the big city rush - modern architecture, perfect cuisine, award-winning bars, and diverse countryside.
- PRAGUE: Located in the heart of Europe, with its enchanting historical centre and magic energy, Prague is one of the world's most stunning cities. The Hangar 13 office is based in the city centre, just a few minutes from the Old Town and its famous astronomical clock. Cultural events, vibrant nightlife, sports and leisure time activities, beautiful nature – all just a few steps away.
In case you would like to be included in the job board as well, please contact us about the possible partnership at email@example.com.